Welcome to St, Peter Claver Catholic Church in Huntington, West Virginia
Join us for the Celebration of the Mass and receive the Sacrament of the Eurchrist Sunday @ 11:00 am
Sunday Mass Live Stream Mass on Facebook and YouTube at 11:00 am. Click on the link below to view Mass.
The weekday Mass schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at 12:05 pm.
Sunday 11:00 AM
(Spanish Language Mass celebrated the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month at 12:30 PM)
Wednesday 12:05 PM
Thursday 12:05 PM
Friday 12:05 PM
NOVENA TO SAINT PETER CLAVER
Repeat the following Novena prayers every day for 9 consecutive days –September 16 through September 24.
Lord, for love of you St. Peter Claver became the faithful servant of slaves. Through his prayer help us to see the true dignity of the human family, all children of one father and to spend ourselves for their salvation. We ask this through Our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who live and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God for ever and ever. Amen
Mention your request here
Saint Peter Claver pray for us.
Dear saint of our modern times, you were permeated with compassion for the oppressed, for human beings sold as slaves. While alleviating their natural ills, you also took away their spiritual ills, and taught them the surpassing knowledge of Christ. Inspire many of our contemporaries to become self-sacrificing missionaries like you. Amen
O God, who to bring the poor to the knowledge of your most Holy Name, you gave to your priest, St Peter Claver, an admirable spirit of abnegation and heroic charity. Grant us through his intercession, not to seek our own satisfaction but the glory of your Divine Son, that we may be able to love our neighbor in sincerity and truth, through Christ our Lord. Amen
PETER CLAVER NOVENA INTENTIONS
These intentions are suggested when praying the Novena, one for each day. They were written in the spirit of St. peter Claver’s ministry to the outcast, suffering slaves. The only one Fr. Shaji has requested that we all use is the prayer for our parish.
- For all those invisible poor who are challenged to feed their children, pay their rent, access health care, and find affordable child care, that their basic human needs become a priority for our governmental leaders.
- For all those who are homeless, suffering from PTSD, substance abuse, evictions, and loss of jobs that they may find the support and care they need to recover their lives and sense of belonging in the community.
- For girls and women who are in crisis pregnancies that they may find the support they need that will be life giving for both mother and child.
- For people suffering from the effects of war, famine, food shortages, and violence that solutions be found that begin to build a world in which all people can become brothers and sisters and their brothers’ and sisters’ keepers.
- For all those who are sick and suffering, for those dealing with chronic illness, cancer, and those in hospice care that they may be given grace and loving care in their suffering.
- For all those who experience discrimination and hatred because of the color of their skin, their sex, sexual preference, or religion that they may find justice, mercy, and acceptance.
- For immigrants, refugees, asylum seekers, and victims of human trafficking: that countries, humanitarian organizations, and churches assist them in building new lives.
- For the United States that we become “one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.
- For our parish community at St. Peter Claver; “Father, pour your Spirit upon the people of this parish. Grant us a new vision of your glory, a new experience of your power, a new faithfulness to your word, and a new consecration to your service, so that your love may grow among us and your kingdom come, through Christ our Lord, Amen.
Download a copy of the Novena by clicking HERE.
OUR PARISH PRAYER - Father, pour your spirit on the people of this parish. Grant us a new vision of Your glory, a new experience of Your power, a new faithfulness to Your word and a new consecration to Your service so that Your love may grow among us and Your Kingdom come, through Christ our Lord, Amen.
PRAYER TO ST MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL - St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray; and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
We welcome you, your family and your comments. Email us at email@example.com. Keep checking back for updates.