Our History

February 17th 1937 was a day upon which a miracle happened. On that day Fr. Leo Landoll stood at the altar of God and spoke the words of consecration and for the first time Jesus Christ, body and soul became present in a small white church that had recently been a private home. At that moment. Peter Claver Catholic Church was born.
Here is a montage of images from our past.

« 1 of 62 »

« 2 of 71 »

The New Kitchen

Walking in faith the "In His Steps" capital campaign was launched on Palm Sunday WXYZ.  The goal was to raise enough money in pledges and prayer that we could take to the Bishop and allow us to build a kitchen to serve not only the parish, but the larger community surrounding St. Peter Claver as well as office space for the parish.

The members of the parish responded and the Bishop not only granted the project move forward but gifted the parish with a loan and funds that did not need to be repaid so construction began immediately.  The Bishop joined us for a blessing of the new kitchen on (tba, tba)

Fall Into Winter

We marke the journay from Fall into Winter with the St Peter Claver Ladies Guild "Fall Into Winter Bazaar."  Food, fun, craft vemdors, bingo and cake walks are just a part of this successful, annual event.  Here are some images from our past bazaar's.

« 1 of 26 »

« 1 of 97 »

Community Garden

The St Peter Claver Community Garden is a social justice outreach of our church.  The fruits of the garden are available to any person or family.